The Sweet Side of Blogging
If you have an online presence, chances are you have heard about the miraculous powers of the blog. Everyone from your website designer to your SEO guy has likely told you, “you must have a regularly updated blog if you have any hope of increasing your visibility.” What they probably haven’t told is just why blogs are one of the most effective SEO tools in your arsenal.
The Proof is in the Pudding
We aren’t talking about a little pudding cup here either. In fact, according to Blogging.ORG, there were an estimated 31 million bloggers in the United States in 2012 and 60% of all online businesses have a blog. With well over half of all online businesses on board, there is obviously something to this blogging thing.
Blogging is one of the most effective and best SEO tools for a few simple reasons:
- Blogging is Easy – While the art of blogging isn’t easy, the platform is. Blogging allows you to connect with your customers quickly, effectively and, even more importantly, inexpensively.
- Search Engines LOVE New Content - Search engines (and yes, we are still talking about Google here) like new content. They like fresh content. They like valuable content. Blogs address all of these things!
- You Need a Voice - Your company needs a way to express your vision and your brand. Since blogging is really nothing more than a conversation with your client base, it lends itself perfectly to developing your voice.
- Relationships Still Matter – In the online business world, just like in the ‘real’ business world, you develop relationships with your clients. Your build trust with your clients. Blogging is one of the few and best SEO tools that allows you to do just that.
- Understanding Your World – Keeping ahead of the curve in today’s business world means understanding your demographic, how it changes and evolves. Through your blog, you can literally watch these changes happen by regularly reviewing analytical data and comments left by customers.
It doesn’t end there. In fact, the final, sweet, pudding bite is even better. Lee Odden of TopRankBlog.Com has written almost 2,500 blogs for the site and he understands better than most the ROI (Return On Investment) of blogging when he says, “We get new inquiries for consulting projects daily without any advertising or salespeople.” What more can we say? Blogging is the best of the many SEO tools.